How big is Ole Miss-LSU?
- Ole Miss SID Langston Rogers says it’s the biggest game since 1952, when Maryland came into Oxford ranked #3.
- At least a third of the GameDay crew wanted to be here. I blame Herbstreit, personally. (I mean, honestly, who in hell would want to freeze their butts off in Ann Arbor when they could be in Oxford? That place is only livable between Memorial Day and Labor Day…)
- LSU gets no R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Yet somehow they’re 6½ point favorites?
- The Matt Mauck NFL speculation has begun.
- There’s a preview at CollegeFootballNews.com too. And lots of stuff at the Clarion-Ledger, while the Shreveport Times has things covered from the LSU perspective.
- If it’s Thursday, it’s time for Steven Godfrey’s Tight End column in the Daily Mississippian.
But at least TigerEducated has his yellow and purple blinders on. Phew; I thought hell had frozen over…
In more game news: Ole Miss had the most pathetic pep rally I’ve ever seen tonight in the square. It lasted all of ten minutes. I’ve been to high school pep rallies that lasted longer. Still, you could have heard the Hotty Toddy that went up from Batesville. Oh, if you’re thinking of coming to Oxford on Saturday—we’re all full up. Sorry. (This is just my lame attempt to avoid having to get out of bed at o-dark-thirty to be able to park closer than my house.)
Elsewhere in college football, the Southern Miss Golden Eagles snuffed out TCU’s BCS hopes. I still think it’d be cool to have the in-state series with all three I-A programs; who knows, it might be a fun new-to-me rivalry. Maybe it’d even raise enough money to get Mississippi State a decent-looking stadium, instead of that butt-ugly monstrosity that makes the entire MSU campus look like a pit.